While we love our pets and are sure that you love yours too, it is necessary to establish some basic common-sense rules to ensure a positive and safe vacation experience for all.
- It is the responsibility of the owner to pay for any damages caused by pets. Charges for these damages include the following:
• Damage to doors (including scratches) $75.00 minimum for each door damaged.
• Damage to tub (including scratches) $75.00 minimum.
- Please do not allow sandy, dirty, or wet pets in the condominium unit and please do not bathe your pet in the condominium unit. Please use the outside shower to bathe your pet.
- Please do not allow your pets on the furniture.
- Dogs prone to barking are not to be left alone in the unit. If the dog barks you must take the dog with you when you leave. Please do not leave pets for long periods of time.
- You MUST pick up after your pet. There will be a $100 charge if we have to clean up after your pet.
- You must keep dogs on a leash when outside of your unit.
- From May 15th to September 15th pets are not allowed on the beach between the hours of 9 A.M and 5 P.M.
- If you are violating any of the pet rules, management reserves the right to ask you to leave without a refund.
North Myrtle Beach Dog Regulations
One of the only major rules that pet owners have to adhere to is the allowed times for dogs to be on the beach itself. There are specific times during which pet owners are not allowed to bring their dogs to the beach, and this is mainly between 9 am to 5 pm during the busy season. Before and after these times, pet owners are allowed to bring their pets to the beach, provided that the proper etiquette is followed.
After the busy season is over (September 16th & later), the times are more open to allow for your dog to walk on the beach.
The Full Rules:
- May 15-September 15: No dogs allowed on the beach 9am-5pm. Surf only in designated areas 9am-4pm.
- Leash law is in effect at all times; maximum leash length is 7 feet. Pet owners must pick up and properly dispose of pet waste.
The reason why pet owners should pay attention to these is that these rules prevalent at North Myrtle Beach function as state laws, which means that there may be certain repercussions that one may have to encounter if these are not followed.
It is important to note that there are certain parts of North Myrtle Beach that restrict entry for pets. Even though these are small stretches of the beach, trespassing onto them can result in disciplinary action being taken.
To make up for the restricted spaces, North Myrtle Beach does offer pet owners a good alternative. The North Myrtle Beach Park And Sports Complex have a special dog play area that has been specially designed for dogs. This is a good space to go to if you want your dog to have a good time.
Pet Friendly Attractions
These are a list of places where your well behaved pets are welcome
Myrtle Beach Barc Parc
5000 Claire Chapin Epps Dr, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
This is a fenced dog park of 11 acres, with a large pond for swimming. There is even a doggy shower.
Myrtle Beach State Park
4401 S Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29575
A major recreation area, this park offers a nature center with ongoing programs, it is home to one of the states last stands of accessible maritime forest. Dogs are allowed throughout the park.
Huntington Beach State Park
16148 Ocean Hwy, Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
The best preserved beach on the Grand Strand. Dogs leash are allowed on the beach.
La Belle Amie Vineyard
1120 St Joseph Rd, Little River, SC 29566
Dogs are allowed on the grounds; they are not allowed in the tasting room or during festival days. They usually have festivals every other Saturday, so check ahead. Dogs must be friendly and under their owner’s control at all times.
4898 Hwy 17 S, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
This waterside shopping/entertainment district offers dozens of attractions and activities, plus there is a pet boutique and a pet bakery on site. Dogs are allowed throughout boardwalk and dock; it is up to individual stores whether a pet may enter.
Hammock Shop Complex
10880 Ocean Hwy, Pawleys Island, SC 29585
Dogs are allowed in the common areas of this shopping center; it is up to individual stores whether a dog is allowed inside. There is a pet store in the complex.